VA Health Benefits
Our office is covered under the following VA authorizations:
1. Chiropractic Authorization
2. Massage Therapy Authorization
3. Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Physiatry) Authorization.
Veterans can be eligible for the Community Care Program regardless of distance or average drive time. Authorizations can be issued when it is the Veteran’s best medical interest, regardless of any other criteria. You can ask your primary care provider for a referral for any of these services.
Call us today for our clinic information: We can assist you with getting the correct information to your doctor so you may request a referral.
Veterans Community Care Program
The VA allows eligible veterans to acquire care from community providers when they face challenges receiving care at VA medical facilities. The VA is responsible for ensuring these community providers are qualified and competent.
Here at Action Medical Center, we provide Chiropractic Care when authorized through the VA Community Program. This was formerly known as the Veterans Choice Program. Veterans must obtain an authorization directly from their VA provider. You will need to ask for a specific referral to our office when getting an authorization if you are looking to be treated in our facility.
Community care is available to Veterans based on certain conditions and eligibility requirements. A veteran may be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider. This is regardless of distance, drive time, or any other criteria.
VA Health Benefits Eligibility Criteria
- Veteran needs a service not available at a VA medical facility.
- Veteran qualifies under the ‘grandfather’ provision related to distance eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program.
- VA cannot furnish care within a certain designated access standard.
- Veteran lives in a U.S. state/territory without a full-service VA medical facility.
- It is in the Veteran’s best medical interest. A Veteran may be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider.
- VA service line does not meet specific quality standards.
The VA Community Care must be authorized by VA in advance unless the medical event is an emergency. Emergency events may be reimbursed on behalf of the Veteran in certain cases.
To learn more about VA Health Benefits in Augusta, Evans, Martinez or any nearby area, call us today at (706) 860-3355 to set up a free consultation. We will provide the care you deserve.