You may not want to leave every carb out of your celebration but there are some places you can remove most of the carbs and you won’t even notice they are gone.
This recipe is one of those. Roasting the cauliflower gives it more depth of flavor. Leaving it al dente gives the finished dish the right mouth feel making this a satisfying helping of comfort.
1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
Vegetable oil spray
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In large bowl toss cauliflower, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Place on sheet pan and roast 12 minutes until crisp tender. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer cauliflower to an 8” x 8” baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts. Salt to taste.
- Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake in 350 degree oven until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes. Serve.
All information contained within this site is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health problem, nor is it intended to replace the advice of a qualified medical practitioner, health practitioner, or fitness professional. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Always consult your physician or qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health or on any opinions expressed within this website. The information provided within this website is believed to be accurate based on the best judgment of the authors but the reader is responsible for consulting with their own health professional on any matters raised within. We do not assume any liability for the information contained within this website, be it direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or otherwise.